The Hornets got the victory at home over the Hawks, 76-66, in MEAC play.
A couple facts coming into the game: The Hornets have been nearly unstoppable at home, and the Hawks were slumping and coming off 5 losses out of their last 5. A year ago, Delaware State went 1-1 against Maryland-Eastern Shore. Over the last four years, the Hornets are now 6-3 against the Hawks including 4-1 at Memorial Hall. Delaware State has a winning record over Maryland-Eastern Shore going back to 1980, 44-25.
Delaware State got a strong showing in defensive rebounding and also topped Maryland-Eastern Shore in three pointers.
Delaware State pushed hard and won the rebounding battle with 27 defensive rebounds to only 17 by Maryland-Eastern Shore. Delaware State was deadly accurate from behind the arc, with 27 points in threes to 18 for Maryland-Eastern Shore.
Tahj Tate led all scoring for the Hornets with 24 points on 62% shooting in 36 minutes. Kendall Gray came up with five big blocked shots.
|C-||D. Williams II||10||2||1||0||1||0||0|
The Hornets go to 4-5 with a lot of basketball remaining. Their MEAC campaign begins with a win.
The next game on the schedule is Delaware on the road on December 8th.
Delaware State Game Notes:
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Tahj Tate's career.
- Marques Oliver has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 9 games this season.
- Tahj Tate had a career high with 10 field goals made.
- The Hornets set season highs for field goal percentage, free throws made, three pointers, and three point percentage.
- Casey Walker tallied a team season high in three pointers with 5 and three pointers attempted with 11.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes:
- Kyree Jones has led the team in scoring 3 times in 7 games this season.
- Troy Snyder accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- This loss extended the Hawks losing streak to 7 games.
- Troy Snyder tallied a team season high in steals with 5.
- Kyree Jones accounted for 36.3% of the team's points.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Tahj Tate
, Kendall Gray