On November 23rd at a neutral site, the Hornets suffered a close loss to the Knights, 63-62.
Fairleigh Dickinson paced themselves with a statistical advantage in assists and three-point shooting.
Fairleigh Dickinson got too many quick points off threes, with 36% shooting from three-point range and 23% for Delaware State. Fairleigh Dickinson spread the ball around and got 14 assists compared to eight for Delaware State.
Tahj Tate was the leading scorer against the Knights with 16 points on 50% shooting in 40 minutes. Albert Thomas led both teams with five assists.
|D||S. Sanders Jr.||25||0||0||2||1||0||2|
The Hornets have fallen to 3-3. This adds yet another loss to their 3 game string.
The next game features Eastern Kentucky on the road on November 28th.
Delaware State Game Notes:
- Tahj Tate has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 6 games this season.
- The top two scorers (Tahj Tate and Tyshawn Bell) accounted for 43.5% of the points.
- Delaware State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- In 100% of losses this season, the Hornets have a three point percentage of 23.5% or worse.
- Delaware State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
Fairleigh Dickinson Game Notes:
- Kinu Rochford recorded the 9th double digit rebound game of his career.
- Melquan Bolding has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kinu Rochford set a career high with 9 field goals made.
- Kinu Rochford recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 5th of his career.
- Kinu Rochford accounted for 42.4% of the team's rebounds.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Tahj Tate
, Albert "A.J." Thomas